Ugh! Here I am on my lunch break at work (2:45 pm by the way... not too impressed with that). It has been snowing for about 2 1/2 hours & the news is warning of an Ice Storm - at least not as bad as the Ice Storm of '98. I had to use my snow brush at lunch just so that I could go to Taco Bell (not even a mile away... but too far to walk today). Its 26 degrees out - with a 'Real Feel' temperature of 18.
Josh left for work at 4:15 this morning - it wasn't raining & the roads were dry. I called him at 6:15 to make sure he got to work in one piece. He said that the roads were fine but it had just started to snow in Portland.
Adam said that Josh & I could go stay with them if we loose power for more than 1 day - at least if they loose power their house will still be warm! Adam told me today that his outdoor Wood Boiler is working & for the first time in 4 years their entire house is about 70 degrees! He actually had to get out of the covers he was so hot last night. I am so excited for them - it can't be easy with a 10-room farmhouse...
I'm worried about what will happen at our house if we loose power - we won't be able to use the sump pump - hopefully we won't get any water in our basement so it doesn't matter.
I excited to see Jenn this weekend. We haven't had a bumb around weekend in a LONG time! I though I would go to L.L. Bean this weekend to get Don's Christmas gift, but after thinking about it for a while I decided to wait until after my next pay check - he won't be home from Florida until after Christmas so I have time... I don't need to cram it into my day with Jenn. I'm thinking about driving over to her house in my pajamas. We'll see...
Today is Emma's 4th birthday! I called Adam & Val's this morning around 9:30 to wish her a Happy Birthday. She answered the phone & I said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA!" and all I heard was "Mom, who is it? Who is on the phone?" she sounded scared... So - I told Val it was me & that I was just calling to say Happy Birthday... finally I got a 'Thank You' out of Emma. I'm thinking she enjoys answering the phone but doesn't really 'get it' yet... It's like when I call my in-laws & Patrick answers the phone - at 9 years old I'd think he would recognize his family member's voices, but he still acts like he is talking to a stranger and says "Who is this?!" before handing the phone over to either my mother or father in-law...
So I guess thats enough for now... We'll see if I write more - today or ever....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment